All is hidden in plain sight.
Ever gotten the urge to start working out in the street? It has happened to me on many an occasion in NYC, especially with the plethora of scaffolding and subway poles calling out to me left and right. Whether you’re in a new city or in your hometown, what better way to get to know the city in a unique way than by using it for your outdoor workout? In this workout vid, you will find several ways to use objects that you can find pretty much anywhere, including benches, walls, poles, parked cars…ok, maybe no parked cars. We’ll stick to exercises that won’t get you arrested (hopefully). I guarantee that after watching this video, you will never look at a bench in the same way again!
- Keep an open mind.
- Start looking around your city for objects you might be able to use during your workout.
- Try to find a bunch of usable objects around the same general area.
- Feel free to run or skip when making your way around the city to your next spot.
- Bring gloves if you don’t want to get your hands dirty. It can be rough out there.
- Have fun!
LOOSE GUIDELINE: (R) 3 ROUNDS/10-20 REPS, or (T) timed rounds of 1-2 minutes per exercise.
1.) BENCH EXERCISES, (R) Recommended
- Pistol Box Squat
- Plank with alternating arm reach
- Decline Push Ups
- Superstar Option: bring opposite arm/leg in
2.) STAIR EXERCISES, (T) Recommended
- 2-Step Hop Up
- 1-2-3 Series
- 1-Step Run
- 2-Step Run
- 3-Step Walk
3.) WALL EXERCISES, (T) Recommended
- 1-Leg Squat
4.) MISCELLANEOUS EXERCISES, (R) Recommended
- Wall Tricep Dip
- Scaffolding Pull- Up
- Barrier Inverted Row
Be one with the city and the city will be one with you. Enjoy your workout and feel free to post pics of your adventures!